What you get
Here's what you get with your Phew! website.
A totally non-scary experience
- You can see what you're buying before you buy it – no biting your nails wondering what the designer's going to come up with. View the demo site.
- I set up everything for you, including hosting and domain, your email account, and your initial content, to get you up and running as quickly and easily as possible.
- Fast set-up! Most website take weeks to create. This one could take just a few days. How long will it take?
- The WordPress content management system allows you to add, edit and delete content as you like – so you'll be able to manage your own site. What's WordPress?
- You get access to my detailed, step-by-step video tutorials which show you how to edit your site with WordPress. And just to be on the safe side, you also get free support for the first month – so you can ask me any questions you like. More about the tutorials.
A clean, attractive, user-friendly design
- Which I'll customise for you with:
- a completely custom colour scheme
- and matching header image
- and your logo inserted. (If you don't have a logo, I'll create a simple text-based one for you.)
- And which has these useful features:
- The home page has three boxes for calls to action, and a testimonial box.
- Testimonials in your sidebar – one quote displays at random whenever someone visits a page.
- A sidebar box for short call to action messages.
- Sidebar space for a welcome portrait – a place for a photo of yourself and a welcome message, to help add the personal touch to your site.
Tons of features chosen especially to suit small businesses:
- Contact form. The messages are sent to you via email.
- Blog. Blogging is one of the best resources out there for small businesses. (It's entirely optional, of course – if you don't want a blog, we'll just turn that page off.)
- Easily add audio and video to your site.
- Customisable sidebar – or if you prefer you can have pages without a sidebar
- A button which makes it easy for your visitors to share your blog posts with their friends via Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- The blog includes eye-catching sidebar links to RSS, email subscription, and your Twitter, Facebook and Linked In pages.
- Encourage people to leave comments on your blog by giving a link back to their most recent blog post.
- Search engine optimisation tools – both active (you'll be able to edit meta title and description) and passive (your website will automatically generate a Google-friendly sitemap).
- Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools. I'll create a Google account for you and set you up with Analytics and Webmaster Tools. These will allow you to see how many people are visiting your site, how they found it, and what they do when they get there.
- Automated back-up of your database – just in case the worst should happen.
- Spam protection – a plugin automatically blocks spam comments.